What Creates The Best Face Sunscreen?
Choosing the best sunscreen for your face can be a challenge. There are so many options with different benefits, claims and ingredients. Of course the benefits of using a face sunscreen daily are reducing the risk of skin cancer, early ageing, sunburn, scarring, and hyperpigmentation. Almost as frightening is some products can cause acne or break-outs after use. We’ve made this list of six tips to help you navigate the sometimes complicated world of facial sunscreens. The bottom line is, you want a product that works well, feels great on your face, and doesn’t make you second guess your purchase.
Aloe Up's Top Six Tips To Choosing The Best Face Sunscreen:
- Avoid Oily, Greasy Products – The last thing you want is to put more oil and grease on your face. The best sunscreen if you suffer from naturally oily skin is a sheer, lightweight formula that has a very clean feel. This allows your skin breathe the way it should.
- Non-Pore Blocking - Even if you don’t have sensitive skin, a non-comedogenic or non-pore blocking facial sunsscreen will keep your skin clear. This means that in these face sunscreens, the molecules are smaller than the pores of your skin. The best sunscreen for any sensitive skin are the ones that will not make you break out after use.
- Residue and Color - Have you ever put on a face sunscreen and feel like you look like Casper the ghost? Or on a hot summer’s day, your sweat turns milky and runs into your eyes? Look for face sunscreens that contain a lot of Aloe Vera as they absorb into the skin much faster, plus a non-water soluble emulsifier will avoid the white cast and will not run down your face.
- Natural Formulas - All sunscreens have chemicals. It is currently the only way to safely defend your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. However, some chemicals are worse for you, your skin and the environment, such as: Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Parabens, Phthalates etc. The recommended combination for the best face sunscreens are ones that works well, but also have as many natural ingredients as possible. Choose facial sunscreens with organic bases, natural antioxidants, and hypoallergenic products.
- Face Sunscreen/Moisturizer Combos - With so many steps in most daily skincare routines, a sunscreen which also acts as a moisturizer can save time and money. A facial moisturizer with an approved SPF rating is essential to ensuring your skin is kept hydrated and protected from the sun’s harmful UV light.
- Fragrance - Either you’ll love it or you won’t. And even if you do love the fragrance, do you want to smell like that all day long? With face sunscreens being applied on and all around your nose, it’s always wise to avoid any fragrance in a daily sunscreen that you’ll use for your face.
How Do I Incorporate A Facial Sunscreen Into My Daily Skincare Routine?
- Cleanse and/or exfoliate to clean skin and remove any dead skin cells, allowing new cells to surface.
- Use toner to balance the pH of your skin.
- Use serum to target any skin issues you have, such as: oily or sensitive skin, aging, hyperpigmentation, texture and dullness, etc.
- Moisturize to keep your skin hydrated and fresh. Steps 4 and 5 can be combined with a sunscreen/moisturizer combo.
- Use a facial sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays that can dry skin and cause early aging and even cancer.
- Eye cream if you prefer different product to use on the more sensitive skin on your face.
- Make up however you desire. Foundation, blush, bronzer, etc.
25 Our Recommendation: Aloe Up For The Face Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF25:
“Aloe Up For the Face Daily Moisturizer with SPF 25 was developed to be an integral step in your every day skincare routine. It combats skin damage associated with sun exposure, absorbs quickly and works well under make up. Our non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free formula is suited for every type of skin. It’s Infused with antioxidants, coconut oil, almond oil, and grapefruit seed extract to hydrate and restore natural moisture balance and is for all skin types.”
- Aloe Vera Based- Aloe Vera has the same pH as your skin, so absorbs quickly and stimulates new skin cell regeneration.
- Broad Spectrum Protection- Protects skin from both UVA and UVB rays that can cause sunburn and even skin cancer.
- Natural Formula- Organic Aloe Vera, Hypoallergenic, Paraben Free, Antioxidants, Fruit seed oils
- Environmentally Friendly- Reef Safe, Cruelty-Free, Certified Biodegradable, Recyclable Packaging.